Thursday, 12 May 2011

Contact Report-Michelle Thompson

I also emailed Michelle Thompson with some questions.
Michelle has been successful in publishing, editorial and design.
Her work revolves around mark making, collage and photography combined with digital processes...

1. How well did your studies prepare you for life as an artist?
I did an MA after my degree so I was ready by then. I think my degree course was more informative on professional help than my masters.


2. What are your likes and dislikes about being an artist?
The freedom to have a family and work. Being ripped off by students.

3. Would you say you have a specific style or preferred way of working?
Yes collage both by hand and digital.


4. What would be your one piece of advice to a new Illustrator?
Never give up! It takes a long while to get your name known and a regular client list.

Some of her work...



No comments:

Post a Comment