Wednesday, 9 March 2011

123

1. 'Less is more.' - I have heard this quite a lot around uni and have responded to it by allowing it to inform my work and subsequent briefs.
It has made me realise that trying to cram in every little detail and element into one composition has much less impact than keeping it to a minimum of a few simple elements.

2. 'The more time you put into something the more you get out of it.' - I read this quote in an article about Su Blackwell and it really got me thinking. It is such a true statement and one in which I can relate to.
I always find that I put a lot of effort and dedication into the practical making aspect of my work (ie: model making) however when it comes to photographing the creations I shy away from this and don't keep up the same dedication I began with.
I will definitely keep this statement in mind and remember that the effort has to e put into an outcome from beginning to end until it is complete to gain full potential.

3. 'Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up' - This quote was made by Pablo Picasso. It has always interested me from the first time i came across it in the first year of my degree.
The idea that we all begin life with a charming and naive creativity. None of us with a care in the world about what anyone else thinks about what we create. As we get older however we seem to lose this and become conscious of what others think and expectations of what we believe 'art' is.
Hearing this quote, it has made me think I don't want to become conscious of my work but have the confidence in it and belief to further it.

No comments:

Post a Comment